Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Blabber

I haven't done an update in a while so here goes.

So I got a haircut and I told the woman I didn't want it too short, So does she listen? No. Somehow I guess she thought I meant "AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE". I guess when you go through training at Supercuts they teach you how to do exactly opposite of what the customer asks for all the time. Work is going pretty well, Roberto and I just finished up a project and met our deadline. It's looking really nice and I can't wait till it gets released out into the world. I love my job, and the food is very nice =] Car is good, although it isn't fun when you pay lots of money to get it cleaned and then it rains literally HOURS afterwards :) I've gone out to Monday Night Social for the past three weeks, it's been a lot of fun cause Leah has been coming out, it's always good to see her.

Note: I'm about to attempt to get philosophical, if you don't want to think, then stop reading here.

Finally i've just been doing a lot of introspection. We are faced with all these challenges and choices and it's so hard to know the decisions we should make. For example, Love. Big topic right? I guess it comes down to the question "Is Love Enough?" Sometimes I don't think it is, unless it's unconditional, but we as humans have all sorts of conditions we place on people. Expectations that limit our love for them. If you really look at love or any relationship, the individual is "in love" with their partner's ability to satisfy that individual's desires. It sounds so selfish but ultimately is true. It seems as though sometimes you can replace "I Love You" with "I Trade You". You do this for me, and i'll do this for you. A huge part of me wants to disregard this way of thought, but I can't ignore it.

Your comments are welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The revelation comes, I believe, when you begin to view love not as an all powerful force, but as something that exists on a continuous gradient, much like any other feeling. With this in mind, love becomes another factor to be put on the scale when weighing the good and bad of a relationship.
Every relationship comes with both good and bad. You must simply weigh the good and bad against eachother to decide whether or not you should be in the relationship. Love is simply an inexplicable attraction you have towards a person, which goes on the good side of the scale. It has no more or less weight than you give it. The more powerfully you feel love, the more bad you will put up with, and vice versa.
n********g