Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Ahh, we all have so much to be thankful for, I for one am blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive family and a close knit group of friends who I know would do anything for me. It's so easy to take things for granted sometimes, especially with how routine life can get, but I'm glad we have days like this to really think about what we have. For some people it's just a day off, but for me I really try and stop "bitching" cause everything isn't perfect and think about the things I am fortunate enough to have.

On that note, all of you that know me know that I don't agree with this war at all, but that doesn't mean i don't respect and honor the troops that go over there to fight it. Right or wrong war, they are putting their life on the line and going through things I couldn't even imagine. Saturday I have the opportunity to attend a memorial service of a young marine (19) that was killed in Fallujuah. My heart breaks for the family and to all the other families that have lost their children, It makes me want to put a gun in Bush's hands and tell him to fight his own war, but what's done is done. This service is open to the public, and I'm going with my sister and Ash to pay respects. If any of you are interested in coming contact me and we can ride together or figure out a way to get there. It's in Chino.

That aside, I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving! I'm going to stuff myself with turkey then probably take a nap. Friday will be a day of shopping ... who's coming with me?

No comments: